Who we help
With particular expertise representing environmental and natural resources clients – including trade organizations and companies engaged in mining, oil and gas, fertilizer, biotechnology, manufacturing, and agriculture – our comprehensive government affairs practice includes lobbying, issue monitoring and advocacy, regulatory tactics, political action committees (PACs), campaign administration, and business development initiatives.
Additionally, our government affairs and lobbying team collaborates with the firm’s public bidding and procurement team on opportunities and issues confronting our clients.
How we help
FEDERAL, STATE & LOCAL LOBBYING
Our federal and state legislative work continues year-round, with special emphasis given to the in-session needs of our clients in support or opposition of targeted bills.
Longstanding relationships allow for direct interaction with Arizona’s congressional delegation, the Governor’s office and executive agencies, the State Legislature, the Attorney General’s Office, the Corporation Commission, and the Departments of Environmental Quality, Water Resources, State Lands, Transportation, Commerce, and many other State agencies. At the local level, we are actively engaged with city councils, county boards of supervisors, and various other local administrative bodies.
Our comprehensive range of lobbying services at all levels of government includes:
- Drafting and introducing legislation, rules, regulations, and amendments including city and county ordinances
- Working on statutory and constitutional changes, and congressional delegation
- Preparing comments and representing clients in federal rulemaking hearings and appeals
- Budgeting issues
- Developing key strategic alliances and relationship building
- Evaluating political and regulatory strengths and weaknesses
- Counting and evaluating votes
Working for the best interests of our clients, we stay abreast of changes in the legislative and regulatory arenas and keep our clients informed of the activities of government at all levels with:
- Tracking and reporting on legislation
- Monitoring budget issues
- Convening and leading stakeholder conversations
Regardless of industry, almost every business is faced with some type of government regulatory action, often with significant impacts. We help clients wade through what often seems like a governmental morass and navigate the promulgation of rules and regulations, permitting, and resolving regulatory enforcement actions.