William F. King
Bill King’s trial practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and plaintiff advocacy before state and federal courts. He is a proven litigator, trial and appellate attorney, plaintiff advocate, and problem solver for businesses and individuals involved in serious and high-stakes disputes.
Bill’s courtroom and litigation experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants brings a fresh perspective and provides a significant advantage to his clients, which is one of the reasons he is retained again and again to prosecute and defend the most complex and challenging of matters.
When defending the rights of plaintiffs, Bill’s experience involves everything from catastrophic personal injury claims to complex commercial litigation disputes, including large-scale class action prosecution of claims for securities fraud, consumer fraud, professional liability, aiding and abetting liability, and qui tam cases, among others. He is appreciated for devising unique, fact-driven arguments that, when combined with his understanding of the substantive legal issues, result in persuading opposing counsel, judges, and juries alike.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Board of Directors, 2013-2015
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2024; Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2024
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Professional Liability: Defense, 2021-2023
- Phoenix Magazine, Top Lawyer, Civil Law Litigation, 2022-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2013-2018
Community & Philanthropy
- St. Joseph the Worker, Board of Directors, 2009-2014
- Defense Research Institute, Riding the E&O Line, Vol. 7., Issue 2, Legal Malpractice: The Burden of Proving Collectability of an Underlying Judgment, June 19, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Recognizes 52 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 21, 2023
- 18 G&K Attorneys Selected to 2023 Super Lawyers & Rising Stars, April 6, 2023
- 13 G&K Attorneys Selected to 2022 Super Lawyers & Rising Stars, April 7, 2022
- Gallagher & Kennedy Welcomes New Attorneys William King and Joseph Brown, February 1, 2022
- Panelist, State Bar of Arizona 2016 Convention, Triad of Trouble: The Chain Reaction among Bar Charges, Legal Malpractice Claims and Judicial Findings of Misconduct, 2016