William F. King
Bill King’s trial practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and plaintiff advocacy before state and federal courts. He is a proven litigator, trial and appellate attorney, plaintiff advocate, and problem solver for businesses and individuals involved in serious and high-stakes disputes.
Bill’s courtroom and litigation experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants brings a fresh perspective and provides a significant advantage to his clients, which is one of the reasons he is retained again and again to prosecute and defend the most complex and challenging of matters. He consistently crafts persuasive written work product, and when called to argue in court, he simply and effectively delivers. Outside of the courtroom, Bill possesses an innate ability to establish resolution where other lawyers could not through his effective negotiation skills and his composed yet steadfast commitment to understanding his client’s unique objectives, resources, and long-term goals.
When defending the rights of plaintiffs, Bill’s experience involves large-scale class action prosecution of claims for securities fraud, consumer fraud, professional liability, aiding and abetting liability, and qui tam cases, among others. He is appreciated for devising unique, fact-driven arguments that, when combined with his vast understanding of the substantive legal issues, result in persuading opposing counsel, judges, and juries alike. At his best when collaborating with his colleagues or teams of lawyers across the country in multi-jurisdictional matters, Bill is valued for his analytical acumen, unwavering tenacity, and common-sense approach to understanding what are oftentimes case dispositive nuances and subtleties.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Board of Directors, 2013-2015
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Professional Liability Defense, 2021-2022
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2013-2018
Community & Philanthropy
- St. Joseph the Worker, Board of Directors, 2009-2014
- Defense Research Institute, Riding the E&O Line, Vol. 7., Issue 2, Legal Malpractice: The Burden of Proving Collectability of an Underlying Judgment, June 19, 2015
- Panelist, State Bar of Arizona 2016 Convention, Triad of Trouble: The Chain Reaction among Bar Charges, Legal Malpractice Claims and Judicial Findings of Misconduct, 2016