Stuart S. Kimball
- Environmental - Environmental Counseling, Environmental Due Diligence, Environmental Litigation, Environmental Lobbying, Legislation & Advocacy, Environmental Natural Resources, Environmental Regulatory Enforcement, Environmental Regulatory Permitting, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Rulemaking, Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Administrative Law - Environmental Regulation and Compliance, Natural Resources Regulation and Compliance
- Natural Resources - Air Quality, Mined Land Reclamation, Mining, Natural Resources Lobbying, Legislation & Advocacy, Natural Resources Regulation & Compliance, Public Lands, Water Quality, Water Rights, Wildlife & Endangered Species
- Government Affairs - Environmental Lobbying/Legislation/Advocacy, Federal, State and Local Lobbying, Issue Monitoring, Natural Resources Lobbying/Legislation/Advocacy, Regulatory Tactics
Stuart counsels clients on the risks and liabilities associated with environmental permitting and enforcement matters at the federal, state, county and local levels. In addition to advising on regulatory compliance, Stuart delivers significant experience lobbying for clients through the state, county and local statutory and regulatory processes. He also provides proven results in resolving federal and state Superfund claims involving soil and groundwater contamination.
Relationships are at the center of Stuart’s practice – not only with his clients, but also with the regulators, elected officials and agency professionals who provide critical information regarding the decisions of his clients. Stuart believes in finding solutions rather than focusing on problems. He is appreciated for his “big picture” approach to lawyering and for his advice that resolves the immediate problem while also mitigating the potential for future roadblocks to progress.
As a lawyer who thrives in the complexity of environmental law, Stuart goes the distance to identify all potential nuisances that will serve his clients’ ultimate goals. He is valued for providing “win-win” propositions, working with each client to identify and execute reasonable and actionable solutions, and for devising practical and understandable answers to often multi-faceted questions.
In stressful situations, Stuart brings distinct levity and a steadfastly positive attitude that often transforms difficulty into tangible next steps for all matter constituents. His perspective and honed experience in environmental law support him in serving as an objective third party who can assess and address client concerns without losing focus on macro commercial objectives.
Stuart is actively involved in a number of environmental and public policy committees with the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, Arizona Mining Association, Arizona Rock Products Association, National Mining Association, and Phoenix Chamber of Commerce.
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Environmental, 2021