Understanding the common need for a swift resolution, Ken is adept at looking for solutions that save time and resources. When early resolution is not a viable option, Ken has successfully filed and argued motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgement, and motions to exclude key opposing experts. Victories at these stages have resulted in Ken’s clients securing favorable results that were not available to them earlier.
Ken has also worked in the firm’s environmental practice, where he advised clients on issues related to hazardous waste disposal, cleanup, cost recovery, pesticide use, and compliance with regulations associated with radioactive materials disposal. Ken litigates environmental cases in federal court, including in front of Federal Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits.
During law school, Ken interned for the Honorable Kathleen M. O’Malley on the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Honorable John J. Tuchi at the District Court of Arizona.
After graduating from law school, Ken achieved one of the top three scores on the Arizona Uniform Bar Examination.
- Obtained a Proposed $15 Billion Settlement from Chemical Manufacturers in Tort Product Liability Suit
Kevin Neal and Ken Ralston were local counsel in a multi-district litigation that resulted in a $15 billion settlement. The firm represented the City of Tucson, Town of Marana, and City of Mesa, in a groundwater contamination and tort products liability case against multiple chemical manufacturers, including 3M Company, in City of Tucson, et al. v. 3M Company, et al. The terms of the proposed settlement are being reviewed by the court and pending approval.
- Obtained Favorable Result from U.S. Supreme Court in Whistleblower’s False Claims Act Case
Kevin Neal and Ken Ralston obtained a major victory before the U.S. Supreme Court in Olhausen v. Arriva Medical, LLC, U.S. Kevin and Ken represent a former employer of Arriva Medical who brought suit alleging that Arriva, Abbott Laboratories, and Alere were defrauding the government by submitting false claims to Medicare, resulting in Medicare paying the companies upwards of $100 million. The trial judge dismissed the case and the Court of Appeals affirmed. But, in a major victory for whistleblowers, the Supreme Court reversed and remanded the case to the Eleventh Circuit.
- Obtained Record-Setting $85M Settlement for State of Arizona in Consumer Fraud Case Against Google
Gallagher & Kennedy attorneys Kevin D. Neal and Kenneth N. Ralston successfully represented the State of Arizona and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office in the lawsuit against Google for deceptive and unfair practices involving user location data. Lead counsel Kevin Neal and senior associate Ken Ralston obtained the $85 million settlement – the largest amount per capita the internet giant has paid in a privacy lawsuit of its kind – from Google to settle claims brought against the company under the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act in State of Arizona v. Google.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2024; Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2024
- Gallagher & Kennedy Announces Litigation Attorney Kenneth N. Ralston Has Been Elected Shareholder - January 2, 2024
- Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Recognizes 52 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys - August 21, 2023
- Supreme Court Revives Abbott Whistleblower’s False Claims Suit - June 30, 2023
- G&K Obtains Favorable Result from U.S. Supreme Court in Whistleblower’s False Claims Act Case - June 30, 2023
- G&K Obtains Proposed $15 Billion Settlement in Groundwater Contamination Suit Against 3M, Other Manufacturers - June 6, 2023
- Nationally Syndicated USARadio.com Host Gary Nolan Interviews Ken Ralston About $85M Consumer Fraud Case Against Google - October 7, 2022
- 3TV Phoenix Interviews Kevin Neal & Ken Ralston on $85M Win for Arizona Against Google in Consumer Fraud Case - October 5, 2022
- Google to Pay Record-Setting $85,000,000 Settlement to the State of Arizona in Consumer Fraud Case - October 4, 2022
- RideNow and RumbleOn Merge Under the RideNow Brand - August 31, 2021
- Kevin Neal Appointed Lead Counsel in the Arizona Attorney General's Google Lawsuit - April 22, 2021
- Gallagher & Kennedy Announces Kevin Neal as Lead Counsel in Arizona’s Google Lawsuit - April 16, 2021
- Gallagher & Kennedy Expands with Hiring of Four Talented New Attorneys - November 9, 2017
Patent Agent, September 2014