Over two decades later, we proudly continue our representation of both teams. This includes serving as outside general counsel and handling player contracts and salary arbitrations, television and radio contracts, sponsorship agreements, and all other legal aspects of professional sports franchises.
In addition to Arizona’s professional baseball and football teams, we also work with individual athletes participating in professional golf, boxing, rodeo, and hockey. Our work ranges from negotiating personal service contracts to litigating liability for product endorsements.
Our legal representation for sports teams, venues and facilities, retailers, and related entities includes:
- Bankruptcy matters, such as judgment collections
- Labor and employment law, including ERISA, employment contracts, and defending against discrimination claims
- Corporate contracts, including agreements with third-party vendors and partnership contracts
- Business transactions including entity formation, governance, investments, trademark registration and protection, and annual reporting obligations
- Litigation and disputes, including partnership disputes and disputes with third-party vendors
- Tax matters relating to entity formation and not-for-profit entities and foundations
- Real estate, including facilities financing and purchase and sale agreements
- Special immigration advocacy to recruit uniquely qualified foreign nationals