Rodney Q. Jarvis
A dedicated land use attorney, Rod represents residential, commercial, and industrial developers throughout Arizona in all aspects of planning and zoning for their projects, including approvals for zoning changes, subdivision and platting approvals, variances, building and use permits, and design review.
His work with residential developers includes single-family home builders, master-planned community projects, mobile home park owners/operators, and other entities in connection with their real estate interests. For commercial and industrial projects, Rod helps developers of offices, hotels, convenience stores, highway truck stops, large retailers, small businesses, mini-storage, thermonuclear plant generators, natural gas-fired generators, and electromagnetic generators.
Active in the industry and trade community, Rod has served as zoning enforcement officer for Maricopa County and is a former member City of Phoenix’s Camelback East Village Planning Committee, Maricopa County Parks & Recreation Commission. He is a current member of the Mesa Transportation Advisory Board and Phoenix East Valley Partnership.
Associations & Memberships
- Phoenix East Valley Partnership, Member
- Mesa Police Foundation, Member and Board of Directors
- Mesa Transportation Advisory Board, Member
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Member
- Maricopa County Development Ad Hoc Task Force, Former Member
- City of Phoenix's Camelback East Village Planning Committee, Former Member
- Citizens Transportation Oversight Committee (Maricopa County/ADOT), Former Member
- Maricopa County Parks & Recreation Commission, Former Member
- Maricopa County Zoning Enforcement Officer, Former Officer
- Maricopa County Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee, Former Member
- Lambda Alpha International, Former Member
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning, Litigation - Land Use & Zoning, 2013-2024
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2014
Community & Philanthropy
- Assistance League of Phoenix, Land Use Counsel
- Arcadia Little League, Former Member and Board of Directors
- "General Plans," Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business
- "Zoning Related Procedures," Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business
- "Legal Non-Conforming Uses," Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business
- Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Recognizes 52 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 21, 2023
- Rodney Q. Jarvis Joins Gallagher & Kennedy’s Real Estate Team, January 31, 2023
- G&K Attorneys Named to 2016 ‘The Best Lawyers in America®’ List, August 17, 2015
- G&K Attorneys Named to 2015 ‘The Best Lawyers in America®’ List, August 18, 2014
- G&K Adds New Shareholder, Rodney Q. Jarvis, to the Firm’s Land Use & Zoning Practice Group, March 27, 2014
- Speaks locally and nationally on land use topics before professional and trade organizations, including the Arizona Planning Association and National Business Institute (NBI).