- Environmental - Environmental Assessment, Environmental Counseling, Environmental Litigation, Environmental Lobbying, Legislation & Advocacy, Environmental Natural Resources, Environmental Regulatory Enforcement, Environmental Regulatory Permitting, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Rulemaking, Hazardous Materials, Occupational Safety and Health, Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Business Law & Transactions
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Yolanda practices in the firm’s environmental, business law & transactions, and securities departments.
For the environmental group, she has more than sixteen years of experience in administering compliance issues, including preparing Freedom of Information Act and public information requests to obtain required federal and state documents, assisting attorneys with preparation of applications for regulatory permits, reviewing site documents and draft chronology of contamination events, enforcement, and remediation activities, assisting attorneys with environmental audits, maintaining tickler system for tracking environmental deadlines, and conducting research to identify interpretation of environmental laws, regulations, and policy. Yolanda also has over ten years of experience in environmental litigation, providing case management and litigation support.
For the business law & transactions and securities group, her experience includes preparing state corporation filings for formations, dissolutions, annual reports, and franchise tax returns among others documents. Yolanda also drafts board minutes, resolutions, annual meeting minutes, and shareholder consent forms, and maintains corporate minute books. She assists with due diligence for buying and selling companies as well as mergers and acquisitions. Yolanda prepares and files forms to comply with Section 16 of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including Form IDs to obtain authorized EDGAR access codes, ownership forms (Forms 3, 3/A, 4, 4/A, 5 or 5/A), and Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities (Form D or D/A) for corporations or individuals with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Finally, she prepares and files Form D notice filings pursuant to state blue sky requirements.
- Assist a major mining client resolve outstanding litigation/allocation issues related to the Pinal Creek WQARF Superfund Site in Arizona and continues to assist with long-term water management and treatment activities at the Site.
- Assist a national petroleum distributor obtain a full defense verdict where the Plaintiffs were seeking approximately $14 million in damages due to the alleged migration of petroleum onto its property.
National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
Certified Paralegal Certification, 2007
A.A.S., Legal Assisting, 2005
Associations & Memberships
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA), Member
- Arizona Paralegal Association, Member