- Environmental - Environmental Assessment, Environmental Counseling, Environmental Litigation, Environmental Lobbying, Legislation & Advocacy, Environmental Natural Resources, Environmental Regulatory Enforcement, Environmental Regulatory Permitting, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Rulemaking, Hazardous Materials, Occupational Safety and Health, Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Corporate & Business Transactions
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Yolanda is a paralegal in the firm’s environmental and natural resources, corporate and business transactions, and securities law groups.
For over 21 years, Yolanda has worked with our environmental group on various issues involving Freedom of Information Act and public information requests for federal and state documents, applications for regulatory permits, site documents review, chronology of contamination events, enforcement actions and remediation activities, environmental audits, and research to identify interpretation of environmental laws, regulations, and policy.
In addition, she has over 15 years of experience providing case management and litigation support in preparation for environmental litigation.
For the corporate transactions and securities group, Yolanda provides invaluable assistance in preparing state and federal corporation filings for formations, amendments, conversions, dissolutions, annual reports, , federal employer identification number, federal tax forms to reclassify entities, and federal forms to comply with Section 16 of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including Form IDs to obtain authorized EDGAR access codes, ownership forms (Forms 3, 3/A, 4, 4/A, 5 or 5/A), sale of securities (Form 144), Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities (Form D or D/A) for corporations or individuals with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Form D notice filings pursuant to state blue sky requirements.
She also assists with due diligence for buying and selling companies and mergers and acquisitions. Yolanda is experienced in drafting board minutes, resolutions, organizational consents including bylaws and issuance of stock/unit certificates and stock/unit ledger, annual meeting minutes, and shareholder consent forms, and maintains corporate minute books and digital closing books for transactions.
- Assist a major mining client resolve outstanding litigation/allocation issues related to the Pinal Creek WQARF Superfund Site in Arizona and continues to assist with long-term water management and treatment activities at the Site.
- Assist a national petroleum distributor obtain a full defense verdict where the Plaintiffs were seeking approximately $14 million in damages due to the alleged migration of petroleum onto its property.
National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
Certified Paralegal Certification, 2007
A.A.S., Legal Assisting, 2005
Associations & Memberships
- Arizona Paralegal Association, Member