With over 35 years of experience in benefits administration, Monique brings a unique, practical perspective and skill set in assisting clients with the day-to-day administration and compliance issues of both qualified retirement plans (with an emphasis in defined contribution plans) and welfare benefit plans. As our ERISA paralegal, Monique’s extensive experience working with our ERISA, employee benefits and executive compensation team includes various aspects of employee benefit programs such as COBRA administration, ACA compliance, reporting and disclosure obligations, cafeteria plan administration, recordkeeping requirements, and practical design issues.
- Assisted in the preparation of employee communications regarding most aspects of retirement and welfare benefit plans.
- Assisted in the calculations and documentation necessary to obtain relief under DOL’s Voluntary Fiduciary Compliance Programs.
- Assisted several large companies with the day-to-day administration of both retirement and welfare benefit plans, including complying with COBRA, reviewing QDROs, preparing employee communications, preparing and reviewing DOL and IRS compliance filings, assisting with independent audits and financial statement reviews, and assisting in the preparation of various plan documents necessary to operate such plans.
- Assisted in insurance contract reviews and summary plan description preparation for welfare benefit plans.
University of San Diego
Paralegal Certificate, 1985
University of Arizona
Associations & Memberships
- Western Pension & Benefits Council, Member