“Recent Developments in Nonprofit Tax Issues of Interest to Board Members” from tax attorney Kelly Mooney.
Kelly Mooney (Gallagher & Kennedy, P.A. Tax and Nonprofit Practice Group) will discuss key tax issues facing non-profit organizations in 2016, including:
- Current IRS enforcement environment in the TE/GE arena,
- revocation and reinstatement of tax-exempt status,
- payment of unreasonable compensation, unrelated business taxable income, and
- worker misclassification issues.
“5 Tips for the Care and Feeding of Directors of a Charitable Board” from nonprofit governance attorney Bob Brown.
Robert Erven Brown (Gallagher & Kennedy, P.A. Church & Ministry Law Practice Group) will provide practical “take-aways” for attorneys who either are now serving, or are interested in serving, as a member of the board of directors of a charity, including:
- Avoiding malpractice traps
- Checklist Before You Agree to Serve
- Handy Resources for non-tax attorneys
- $15.00 Business Law Section Members
- $20.00 Others
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 11, 2016
- To pay by Credit Card in advance, register online by clicking HERE. (Preferred Method)
- You may RSVP by e-mailing Nichols@staff.azbar.org then bring payment to the event (No Cash).
- If you are paying in advance by check, mail with this form to State Bar of Arizona, PO Box 53099, Phoenix, AZ 85072-3099
MCLE: This seminar may qualify for up to One hour MCLE (No Ethics)