Michael R. Ross
- Litigation - Civil Defense Litigation, Real Estate Litigation
- Professional Liability - Professional Licensing and Credentialing
- Real Estate - Real Estate Litigation
- Estates & Trusts - Probate
- Employment & Labor Law - General Employment Matters, Restrictive Covenants, Wrongful Discharge
- Insurance - Coverage Analysis and Litigation for Insurance Companies, Insurance Disputes, Insurance for Individuals and Businesses
- Franchising & Distribution
Mike is a trial lawyer, focusing on the litigation of disputes on behalf of individuals and businesses. With nearly twenty-five years of experience, Mike has represented individuals and companies of all sizes with integrity, common sense, and consistent success, earning the trust and loyalty of his clients and the respect of his peers. He has pursued and defended a broad spectrum of disputes, from small to complex, multi-million dollar claims, in both federal and state courts and private arbitrations.
- Mike was the lead counsel in a fraud trial arising out of a real estate development loan. Mike’s client, Diversified Funding Group, was awarded a $23.9 Million verdict based on the borrower’s fraud – a judgment that cannot ever be discharged in bankruptcy.
- Mike pursued claims for breach of fiduciary duty against a trustee that was mishandling a family trust. Based on Mike’s efforts, the trustee was removed, the remaining trust funds were preserved, his client’s share was returned, and Mike’s fees were ordered to be paid by the bad actor.
- As lead trial counsel, Mike successfully defended a business and its owner against multi-million dollar claims involving the interplay between partnership and corporate law. He won a defense verdict after a jury trial, then protected that verdict before the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Representing franchisors and franchisees in litigation arising out of franchise agreements.
Before joining Gallagher & Kennedy in 2005, Mike practiced law in Arizona and Texas. Immediately following law school, he clerked for Senior United States District Judge Justin L. Quackenbush. Fully committed to community involvement, Mike also sits on the Executive Council of the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, and the Volunteer Lawyers Program board. He is a former board member of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix, he actively represents pro bono clients, and he coaches his sons’ sports teams in his spare time.
Associations & Memberships
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Volunteer Lawyers Program, Advisory Board
- Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore, July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2019-2020
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2016-2019
- ALM Media Legal Leaders, Arizona’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2018
Community & Philanthropy
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, Executive Council Member
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix, Board of Directors
- Madison Traditional Academy Dad’s Club, Member
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2018
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- Michael R. Ross Joins Board of Directors for Ronald McDonald House Charities, September 5, 2013
- Michael Ross, Joins Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Executive Council, March 21, 2013