Matthew P. MacLeod
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury & Wrongful Death - Dram Shop/Bar, Drug and Medical Device Litigation, Fire and Explosions, Fraud and Commercial Torts, Government Liability, Insurance and Bad Faith, Legal and Other Professional Liability, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle/Motorcycle/Commercial Trucking Collisions, Negligence, Nursing Home/Elder Abuse, Products Liability, Sexual Misconduct
Matt is a graduate from the University of Notre Dame, where he was a member of the Men’s Varsity Basketball Team. He received his Juris Doctorate from Arizona State University in 2003. Matt is a shareholder focusing his practice in plaintiff’s catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death and criminal law.
In his nearly ten years as a lawyer, Matt has distinguished himself in the courtroom and the community. He is passionate about his clients and dedicated to seeking justice on their behalf. He has a sterling reputation within the legal community, and is held in high regard by opposing counsel and the judiciary.
Matt has been certified as one of the top 40 Trial Lawyers under 40 years of age by the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 in both 2012 and 2013. Matt has also been selected a Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers since 2013.
Before joining Gallagher and Kennedy, Matt was a Senior Associate at the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Officer where he accumulated an impressive trial resume with a plethora of not guilty verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona Trial Practice Committee, Treasurer and Member
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Seminar Committee Member
- Theatre Artists Studio, Board Member
- Alzheimer’s Association, Desert Southwest Chapter, Board Member
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, 2017-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2020
- Business Journal, 40 Under 40, 2017
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition: Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, 2013-2016
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 under 40, 2012-2013
Published Works Source
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- Super Lawyers 2015 Recognizes 18 Attorneys, April 10, 2015
- Twenty Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2013 and an Additional Nine Attorneys Named Southwest Rising Stars 2013, April 12, 2013
- Four New Shareholders Elected, September 16, 2011
- Keynote Speaker: 9th Annual – A Love Not Forgotten Gala (honoring Coach John MacLeod)
- Mitigation for Lawyers: Presented at Arizona Public Defender Association Conference
- Trial Masters: A Look into the Value Options Case and Tools and Techniques for Difficult Cases: Presented at the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association