Kevin D. Neal
Kevin is a formidable and proven trial advocate with more than 30 years of experience in injury and death cases. His practice focuses on high-profile and complex claims involving aviation crashes and the handling of wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury due to medical malpractice and product defects. Driven to provide his clients with the answers they deserve, Kevin zealously defends the rights of individuals and families wronged by powerful organizations and large corporations.
Fearless in the pursuit of justice, Kevin has obtained stellar results on behalf of his clients, including significant, multi-million-dollar recoveries. A masterful tactician who believes in meticulous and comprehensive case analysis, preparation, and investigation, Kevin is valued for his convincing and influential written and oral arguments, ability to establish trust and rapport, and highly effective negotiation skills. Kevin’s ability to tell each client’s unique story both in and out of court and before judges and juries alike make him a veritable force when it comes to realizing the right result.
In addition, Kevin is frequently sought out by other lawyers requiring a skilled and experienced trial advocate to either handle or work with them on their cases. He is frequently asked to serve as co-counsel on such matters because of his proven track record of success, intellectual acuity, relentless tenacity, and extraordinary drive to succeed. Moreover, Kevin is dedicated to bringing individual attention and the full force and intellect of the firm to bear for his clients.
After graduating from the University of Kansas, Kevin completed his legal studies at the Arizona State University College of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Arizona State Courts, the United States District Court for Arizona, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Kevin has represented clients throughout Arizona, as well as in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Alaska. A member of the Arizona State Bar, the Maricopa County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association, Kevin also earned the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been honored in “Best Lawyers” and “Super Lawyers” over his many years of practice.
Community involvement is a large part of who Kevin is outside of the law. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Valleywise Health Foundation (VHF) as its Chairperson. VHF is an organization that supports the mission of Arizona’s only public safety net medical facility, the Arizona Burn Center, and the largest teaching hospital in the region. In addition, Kevin is a former member of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Advisory Posse and the New York based Explorers Club. Notably, he serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the City of Scottsdale.
Kevin’s many personal interests include flying, scuba diving, skiing, climbing, and competitive shooting sports.
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member
- Scottsdale City Court, Judge Pro Tem
- Scottsdale Business Development Forum, Member
- Valleywise Health Foundation, Board Chair, 2020
- The National Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Western Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association, Member
- ASU College of Arts and Sciences’ Center for Political Thought & Leadership, Advisory Board Member
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating , Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2017-2021; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2020-2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, 2016-2020
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2020
Published Works Source
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 36 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 21, 2020
- Fifteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2020, April 6, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2018
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Recognized as 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 16, 2017
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- Arizona and California Behavioral Health Centers Sue Health Net for Failing to Properly Pay Claims Related to Drug and Alcohol (Behavioral Health) Treatment, November 7, 2016
- Kevin Neal Appointed to Maricopa Health Foundation Board of Directors, October 25, 2016
- 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 17, 2016
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- G&K Adds New Shareholder, Kevin D. Neal, to the Firm’s Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Practice Group, July 31, 2013
- Kevin Neal Appointed Lead Counsel in the Arizona Attorney General’s Google Lawsuit, April 22, 2021
- Kevin Neal: Taking It to the Limit, April 2, 2020
- Valleywise Health Breaks Ground on Medical Center in Phoenix, March 5, 2020
- People on the Move in Phoenix: Kevin Neal Elected Board Chair at Valleywise Health Foundation, January 29, 2020
- Kevin D. Neal: Beyond the Lawsuit, January 20, 2020