Daniel Z. Kolomitz
Danny focuses his practice in the areas of personal injury litigation and data privacy. Danny is a Certified Information Privacy Professional, as awarded by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Danny also has extensive litigation experience in personal injury & wrongful death, complex commercial litigation, property disputes, and commercial contract litigation. Danny has litigated complex medical malpractice cases, product liability cases, and catastrophic injury cases that have reached multi-million dollar settlements. Danny has overseen cases through every stage of litigation and has appeared on behalf of clients at trial and mediation in wrongful death claims, personal injury claims, and corporate disputes.
In his years of practice, Danny has established a track record that includes multiple victories at critical moments of litigation, and has taken the lead on numerous motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, motions in limine, trial briefs, and post-judgment motions. Danny was also an integral part of the G&K team that represented the state in the Arizona v. Google litigation, which resulted in an $85 million settlement for the benefit of Arizona consumers.
Before his career at Gallagher & Kennedy, Danny was a summer extern at the Arizona Supreme Court Staff Attorneys’ Office, where he analyzed petitions for review and reviewed rule change petitions. Danny graduated cum laude from Sandra Day O’Connor Law School and was granted a certificate for specialization in Law, Science, and Technology. Danny has published two academic articles, one of which has been cited as an authority by American Jurisprudence Trials, a national legal treatise.
Prior to law school, Danny was a financial consultant and possessed a Series 7 and Series 66 certification, as provided by FINRA.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones To Watch, Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, 2024; Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2023-2024; Privacy and Data Security Law, 2024; Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2024
- Phoenix Magazine, Top Lawyer, Personal Injury and Product Liability, 2023
- A Nuclear Threat: Why the Price-Anderson Act Must Be Amended Following Cook v. Rockwell, 48 ARIZ. ST. L.J. 853 (2016).
- Thirsty for a Solution: Promoting More Efficient Water Use in the West, 20 U. DENV. WATER L. REV. 65 (2016), co-authored with Casey Clowes, and Tessa Hustead.
- Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Recognizes 52 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 21, 2023
- Google to Pay Record-Setting $85,000,000 Settlement to the State of Arizona in Consumer Fraud Case, October 4, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® 2023 Recognizes 41 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 18, 2022
- Gallagher & Kennedy Expands with Hiring of Four Talented New Attorneys, November 9, 2017