Danielle M. Hazeltine
Danielle practices environmental and natural resources law with an emphasis in air quality regulatory matters, including permitting, reporting, compliance counsel, and enforcement resolution.
Prior to joining Gallagher & Kennedy, Danielle worked for the Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) as an Assistant Commissioner, leading both the Enforcement and Compliance and Auditing and Investigations Divisions through the Governor’s LEAN management initiative, which includes creating visual management tools and streamlining job processes while creating a higher quality work product. She was also responsible for determining disciplinary action on Department Audits and Investigations, preparing consent orders, negotiating settlement agreements, and working with the Attorney General on cases that have been referred.
Danielle gained considerable environmental experience at the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) in the Air Quality Division where she provided legal advice to executive management, tracked applicable legal deadlines, interpreted and drafted statutes, rules, case law and policy documents, and drafted State Implementation Plans (SIPs), comment letters and correspondence.
Prior to ADEQ, Danielle worked as an attorney in Boise, where she had the opportunity to advise various municipalities throughout Idaho, perform legal research, and draft memorandums, city ordinances, comment letters and liens.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Ballet Arizona, Board of Directors, 2019
- State Bar of Arizona, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, Executive Committee, Member-at-Large, 2018
- The National Center for Homeopathy Public Policy Committee, Member
Honors & Awards
- Arizona Capitol Times - Women Achievers of Arizona, 2019
- Air Quality Division, Spotlight Award, 2014
- Air Quality Division, Spotlight Award, 2013
- Air Quality Division, Team of the Year, Regional Haze Team, 2013
- Air Quality Division, Team of the Year, Agricultural Best Management Practices NERM Team, 2012
- “Intergalactic Mining: An Interactive Environmental Permitting Exercise. (Clean Air Act Programs, including NSPS, NESHAP, Major NSR/PSD, Minor NSR, and Title V Operating Permits),” Arizona State Bar Convention, June 26, 2019