Daniel A. DeChesaro
- Business Law & Transactions - Business Entity Formation and Dissolution, Contracts and Commercial Agreements, Emerging Companies and Startups, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities - Private Equity, Private Placements and State Blue Sky Law Compliance, Public Offerings, Securities Compliance and Reporting Obligations
- Intellectual Property - Licensing
- Cannabis & Hemp Law
Dan has a comprehensive corporate law background, having both represented clients in private practice and served as General Counsel of a public company. Over the course of his practice, he has been actively involved representing both private and public companies, including considerable experience with new and developing business ventures. Although based in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area, he has represented companies located throughout the United States. Most recently, Dan’s practice has concentrated on negotiating and managing large transactions and providing smaller companies with the wide range of services often handled by in-house counsel.
While in private practice, Dan has represented diverse private and public companies in a wide variety of industry sectors. He has provided counsel in connection with mergers, acquisitions and debt and equity financing transactions related to companies located throughout the United States. Specifically, he has considerable experience in roll-ups on both the acquiring and divesting sides of transactions as well as in a wide range of industries, from heavy manufacturing to services to healthcare to high tech.
After assisting a publicly-held company acquire Smith & Wesson Corp., Dan served as General Counsel of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation from 2002 until 2004 when the company relocated its corporate headquarters to Massachusetts. While at Smith & Wesson, Dan was primarily responsible for implementing key corporate governance processes and overseeing the legal matters involved as the company sought to expand its core business pursuits including technology-based operations. In addition, Dan assisted the company in listing its stock for trading on the American Stock Exchange and navigating its way through an SEC investigation.
Dan acquired considerable business experience while employed by a privately-held real estate and business consulting firm. In addition to being responsible for its legal matters, he was also part of a small management team that oversaw the development and implementation of investment and operational strategies in residential and commercial real estate and assisting entrepreneurs with the start-up of several ventures.
Associations & Memberships
- Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners, Board Member, Appointed by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, 2009-2013
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Maricopa County Community Colleges, Certified Adjunct Professor