Andrew E. Dudley
- Environmental - Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Counseling, Environmental Counseling, Environmental Due Diligence, Environmental Natural Resources, Environmental Regulatory Enforcement, Environmental Regulatory Permitting, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Rulemaking, Hazardous Materials Counseling, Hazardous Materials Enforcement, Occupational Safety and Health Counseling, Occupational Safety and Health Enforcement
- Administrative Law - Environmental Regulation and Compliance
- Natural Resources - Agriculture, Mining, Public Lands, Water Quality, Wildlife and Endangered Species
Andrew will be on sabbatical from July 1 through December 31, 2021.
Andrew’s practice concentrates on federal regulatory compliance, hazardous waste management, recycling, emergency release reporting, and remediation. Always eager to tackle technically complex situations, Andrew helps his clients focus on the most relevant aspects of their legal challenges and identify the best options for resolving them.
Andrew has advised some of the nation’s premier mining companies and trade associations during their interactions with regulatory agencies, and prepared litigation briefs and strategies for clients appearing before the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. In the mining and mineral processing industry, he assists clients with permitting, waste management, recycling, health and safety, and water quality matters. Further, applying his prior experience at the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Energy in Washington, D.C. (as both a federal employee and a private consultant), Andrew helps his clients develop comprehensive strategies for commenting on proposed agency rules, including rulemakings to fix outdated and counter-productive regulations.
Associations & Memberships
- Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW), Environmental Group, Chair for Americas/Europe
- State Bar of Arizona, Environmental and Natural Resources Section, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Board Member
Honors & Awards
- The U.S. Department of Energy Exceptional Service Award
- Class of 2010 Dean’s Award, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- U.S. Army Commendations (as civilian)
- Most Valuable Fundraiser Award, Capital Area Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), 2005
Community & Philanthropy
- Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona, Team Leader
- Maricopa County Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, Secretary
- Phoenix Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, Volunteer Legal Clinic
- The Federal Campaign Against Resource Conservation and Recovery, Facts & Findings, July 1, 2014
- Opening Borders: Congressional Delegation of Discretionary Authority to Suspend or Repeal the Laws of the United States, 41 Ariz. St. L.J. 273 (2009)
- The U.S. Department of Energy Site Synopses: A Nation-Wide Site and Programmatic Guide to the United States Energy Complex (2007)