Alana C. Hake
Alana focuses her practice on environmental remediation work for the mining industry under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act. Her legal background includes a variety of environmental, energy, and regulatory work, and she has significant experience analyzing and preparing legal memoranda on these matters. Prior to joining Gallagher & Kennedy, Alana was an associate at another Phoenix law firm where she also practiced environmental, energy, and regulatory law. She has successfully represented clients with regulatory compliance and licensing needs before several state regulatory agencies, including the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, the Arizona Corporation Commission, and the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions.
Prior to entering private practice, Alana clerked for the Honorable Chief Judge Sidney A. Fitzwater of the Northern District of Texas, where she assisted the court in researching and drafting judicial opinions on diverse, complex legal issues, including constitutional, jurisdictional, environmental, and other federal law questions.
Associations & Memberships
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, Board Member, 2011-2012, 2014-2015; Chair, 2015
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Blackstone Legal Fellow
Community & Philanthropy
- Phoenix Symphony Young Professionals, Board Member, 2014-2015
- The Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project, Volunteer, 2010-2012
- Valley of the Sun United Way Million Minutes Reading Challenge, Team Right to Read Volunteer, 2013-2014
- Contributor, "Renewable Energy Committee Report," 31 Energy Law Journal 287 (2012)
- Co-Author, "SB 1598 Helps Business Navigate Regulatory Maze," Journal of Environmental Management" (Dec.-Jan. 2011-2012)
- Author, "The States, A Plate, and The First Amendment: The 'Choose Life' Specialty License Plate As Government Speech," 85 Washington University Law Review 409 (2007)